BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Greenville 5k

We did it girls!!!!
(And Isaac! Who got 2nd for his age group!)

I placed 70th, out of 441.
My time was 25:01, which I am very happy with!


*Just wanting to brag on a few of my fellow runner's time:
Kait (who hates running and claims she is finished)~ 23:39
Charity (without her encouragement on the last mile, I would have walked)~ 24:58
Sheri (very proud of her!)~ 28:06
Isaac (2nd place)~ 22:51
*there were others that I knew that ran, but only sharing times of those that read this blog.


Here is the link with the results .
Here are pictures .Which I am thankful that I am not in them! They are funny to look at though, lol.
It was HOT & HUMID, and you can see it on everyone's miserable face...other than a few that still looked cute, which is ridiculous! LOL!

8 comments:

Kati said...

Very relieved, also, to not see any pictures of myself! :) Because, if I looked as bad as I felt....UGH!!

JanAl said...

I feel the same way!!!!!!!

Charity said...

Oh man, that's hilarious - I love the pics! Also glad I didn't show up in any. :) I'm proud of all of us. Way to go, girls!! (and Isaac - very impressive!)

Charity said...

Actually, Janal, don't heave your sigh of relief yet . . . I'm about to tag you . . .

JanAl said...

ALL I can say is THANKS!

:/

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job girls (and Isaac)!!! Unfortunately, it appears I wasn't so lucky to avoid the picure crew. I was horrified to see the hideous picture someone took of me at the race! Oh well...c'est la vie. Had a great time with you guys anyway! Good luck preparing for the 10K.
Sheri

JanAl said...

Sheri,
honestly I thought your picture turned out great....you did not look over-heated or stressed.
And you beat my time, from my 5k last year, I had 28:30.
You did GREAT!!!!!!
HOPE to run with you again!!!!!!

And the 10k........I have decided that all I am going to do to prepare is .......run! lol! :]

LOVE YOU, have a great day!!!!

JanAl said...

update,
for those that are not on FB with me:

I ran out the 10k this morning, at a steady jog, with small spells of walking, got 65:30.
It was a great morning for it, low heat/humidity....and I felt great the whole time!!!
My goal is to get under an hour for the race in September.......