BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

11 more days.........

......till the 10k!

I most likely will not run it under an hour, due to some set-backs.
Maybe that can be my goal for next year.
Running in the cold has been a change, especially on the lungs.
But I have found the best way to adjust, is to take short walking breaks.
It helps my lungs to recover and adjust, and it does not hurt my time.
Although, I have added a few minutes back to my time, by not running for almost 2 weeks.

And......the weight is back.
What an ongoing battle!   :/
I don't know what to say other than I have not given up!

Last night, I was reading on a "running site", why running is good for you,
and it said that most people lose about a pound a week when they start running.
I have been running for over a year.
And now am able to run 6 miles straight.

While at the doctor last week, I discussed some health issues I was having with my doctor, and my weight gain (up almost 20 lbs since January, and basically I weighed this while I was at the end of pregnancies),
he said that I should not be putting on weight, with the amount of running that I do.
He is running several different tests, which I am thankful that I have a doctor that takes action and does not blow me off, like I hear about other doctors doing.

While I am obviously hoping all my tests are good, it will not offer any explanations.

And yet, I admit that about half of what I eat, is not helpful to weight loss, but also,
half the time I eat really healthy, but still gain.

Anyways..........blah blah blah.............

I am still looking forward to the 10k...........
And running it with two of my favorite runners!
Who said they were NOT runners in the beginning,
but are proving to be AWESOME at running!!!!!!
And great encouragement for me to keep going.  :]

4 comments:

Kati said...

Sorry, Janal, I didn't know you were having health issues. The weight gain thing just doesn't sound right. If you are eating normally and running--you shouldn't be GAINING weight!! I hope your doc will find something--hopefully that can be remedied fairly simply.

I am excited for the race. (I think) Or maybe I'm excited because the closer it gets, the closer I am to being done with it! :) I just cannot see myself running thru the winter months. Maybe I will take it up again next spring, who knows?? I do know that if it weren't for this race, I would've quit after July.

JanAl said...

Well, my eating habits are about
50/50, to be honest.

I have noticed that my body has never handled sugars very well(even natural ones), but my tests for diabetes always comes back normal, and the sugar tests you take when pregnant, always made my body freak out, but came back normal.
The doctor said that their are more in depth tests that he can do.
And he is checking my thyroid.
It is as if I have allergic reactions to sugars, which is an easy fix right? Just stay away, no it's not, sugars are in everything, basically.
I can do it, it just very hard to always eat meat and veggies, even though I like them.

My feet and lower legs were swelling up, as bad as a last month of pregnancy. Making it difficult to run.

I am not sure about running outside during the Winter, I might go to the Y twice a week....we'll see.
I just do not want to stop, it is always harder for me to start back up.

I forsee you running races with me next year.....
:))))))))))))))

Charity said...

I am looking forward to the 10K, too. I was getting really nervous, but after several weeks of not being able to run as much as I've wanted/needed to, I'm just going to go and have fun . . . well, as much fun as you can have while running. :) Despite setbacks, it is pretty great to realize that 18 months ago I couldn't even run .5 miles and look where we are now!

Janal, I am praying for you - that the tests will reveal what is going on and you'll be able to treat it. And that this whole process will bring you closer to Christ. I'm so glad we all have heavenly bodies to look forward to! :)

JanAl said...

I know, we have come a LONG way.......
LOVE IT!!!!

and THANKS Charity,
I feel a little less stressed, knowing the doctor was a little surprised.
After explaining all my symptoms,
he was like, "you are probably not getting any exercise, are you?"

I said, "no, I have been training for a 10k....running 2-3 a week, and have recently worked up to 6 miles".

So, after that, he said that it did not make sense why I was gaining, and that I shouldn't be.......


So....I feel less crazy......
I am trying hard to cut out my sugars....because I know that my body just does not like them......but it is still a battle.......